The Wall Street Journal on the 5 things everyone needs to know about his mutual fund — from hidden fees to manager investment:
- What are the fund’s total fees, and where do they go?
- Does the fund manager eat his own cooking?
- Will the fund company put your interests before its own?
- Do your fund’s performance figures mean anything?
- Who runs the fund — management or marketing?
Five Things You Should Know About Funds – WSJ.comhttp://online.wsj.comThe people who sell you mutual funds will tell you various things about them. They’ll tell you about the fund company’s great reputation. The fund’s impressive “stars” and the awards it’s earned. The terrific one, three or five-year track record.